Vol. VI. Music for Dining

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." AI

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Work Friends

I made a new friend at work yesterday. His name is Will. He is going to be a new manager for the dog walking agency I am working for, so he was shadowing me to meet all the dogs on my route. We became best friends because we were both on bikes even though his was way tougher than mine. He is from Chicago, but then left for a while because of some belief of the state of Illinois that bicycles aren't meant for the road so if you mess yourself up on a pot hole in the bike lane you are on your own. Or something. He was in Maryland for a while as a plumber and he was also in Washington DC for a few months as a messenger for Kosmo.com. Remember the internet boom? He moved back to Chicago because he liked it most. He was a messenger for five years and it was an alright job, but after 9/11, things weren't the same. When my route was over he invited me back to his place and we drank coffee and talked about technology and how he is afraid of it instead of me working on any of the shows I have coming up. I left after a few hours to meet with some owners to talk about their dog. Will and I are going to be friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home